LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The little engine that could

I had originally planned to post my treadmill times at night before bed but apparently my phone had other plans. It wont let me post any pictures! So I guess I will be doing it the following morning...eh, no biggie.

Last night was my first of 38 days of preparing for my 5k. I must say, I was shocked! I did a hell of a lot better than what I could of imagine for it being my first night. Except for the 2-3 times I thought I seen the light, I was really able to push through it. Besides walking a little funny today I am really looking forward to going tonight.


 Yesterday I talked about how I needed to cut my 1 mile time down by 2 minutes in order to make my goal of 5k in 45 but check this out! WooHoo
Actually I did it in 14:10 but I couldn't stop the treadmill lol.

This is awesome! I was really proud when I seen this time!

Now this is my dilemma, I thought completing a 5k in 45 minutes would be really pushing myself but after last night I really feel like I can push a little harder. I not sure if I should set a goal time for myself because I don't want to set the bar to low or high. In a way, I feel I should just see how it all pans out since this is my first event. Any thoughts?


2 comments:

  1. You should play it by ear...everyone's body speaks in a way that only we can understand. Set your goal and if you feel you can push yourself a little more then by all means. But don't beat yourself up if you find that you set your bar too high and your body is signaling that it could be too much too soon. Baby steps. I think your goals are reasonable, so go for it! Whatever you decide, it is still an accomplishment!!! If it were me, I would just be happy to make it to the finish line :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang girl!!!! I would be jumping up and down seeing that time!!! You did an awesome job!! and I completely agree with calistar209!! That is very good advice right there!! Keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete