LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday, February 9, 2012

BIG plans for the future

Wow! It has been ages since I have last blog and I have to admit I feel horrible about it. Not only because I have left you all hanging but I have completely fell off the wagon. I have no good excuse, I guess I could say I I have been overly busy at work (which I have) but really.... there is always time to eat right (which I haven't) and I may not have an hour to work out but I'm sure I could have squeezed in 15 mins here and there. Bottom line..... I have been a badddd badddd girl. ;)

So what am I doing currently? I know what I am not doing so have taken steps to get back into the swing of things. I have a Mud Run 5k coming up in April and the another 5k in May and last but oh certainly not least a 26 mile walk in July. I bet your saying I'm nuts. How do I go from falling off the wagon to planning to participate in a marathon in less than 150 days...hell I don't have the answer to that but I have already committed and I am in it to the end.

Speaking about being In It To The End .... The marathon I have signed up for is actually for a great cause, I will be walking in the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer. Another great thing is I won't be in this alone, my entire office has signed up for it and we will be doing it as a team. I'm really pumped! It's going to held in San Francisco and we will be walking this distance over a weekend and will be even camping out on the streets.

In addition to the walk we are also fundraising for this event as well. We have each committed to raise a minimum of $1,800.00 so we make participate in this walk. All proceeds will go to the research for finding a cure or prevention for this awful disease. Which leads me to my next topic  --- Donation


I know I have been a horrible blogger but with so many events coming up I have to become focused because being apart of this is extremely important to me. Not only for my own health but for the support of others who are or know someone that is fighting or fought this battle against cancer. Any donations made are extremely appreciated ---even if its only a dollar it ALL HELPS.  If you are interested in donating please click on the logo below or if you have any questions feel free to ask, as I am more than happy to answer. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment