LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

40 days left - 1/40

No, I'm not talking about Lent....I'm talking about a weight loss competition that I started with a couple of my friends 50 days ago. -- 50 days in and I still feel as if I am at day 1.

Although I have been aware of the days slowly slipping by I continue to ignore my countdown widget on my phone until today. For some reason this morning it hit me and made me a bit sad that I have not done anything in this last month and a half. I have $200 on the line and still that has not been enough to motivate me.... I don't get it. I think this has been the worst funk I have ever been in and wish I could just snap out of it already. Not only do I have this competition going on with my friends, I have signed up for several walks/runs that are all coming up very soon. The rate I'm going, I am going to be crawling across the finish lines. (if I even make it)



Knowing I have to make changes and quick, I have decided to give up starch for Lent. I originally wanted to give up 30 lbs for Lent but I remembered it wasn't that easy. Who knows, giving up starch might give me that extra boost to drop the weight in the next 40 days. Ugh, this is going to be hard but I know I need to do it.

I'm going to miss you Mr. Potato :(


No comments:

Post a Comment